Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Elite 192, terminal locked up... Please help! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaqte

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
US
We have an Electra Elite 192, and occasionaly our phones will lock up when someone is logged in. Locked up meaning: they can't use the break, log off, wrap buttons at all. Usually we just wait it out, and after a few hours it will unlock itself (buttons mentioned earlier just begin responding again). However, this time I have one that has been logged in & frozen @ 20hrs. When a phone is locked up, it is usually displayed as ringing from the monitor.
Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

X

reset your acd cards and possibly your Elite / IPK

I ended up doing as you said. Is there no way to force a log off for one phone? If we happened to have a large call volume at this time and couldn't afford to be down for five minutes, I would like to think there would be an alternative method.
Thanks,
X

Hmmm checked documentation and no luck. I know it can be done with CCWorx on the larger platforms with "tally codes". From what I can see the IPK / Elite does not use them therefore probably can't do it. Don't give up,I have other ways of finding more info. Stay tuned......

Thanks for the help, grh959! I look forward to your response!

X

What reset your station?

Was it a reset of the ACD /MIS or reset of the Elite?

I agree this is a drastic measure and a reset of the phone system and / or the ACD is not a desireable fix. Is it always the same port/ phone that locks up? If so, maybe try another ESI card.

Are you a 24 /7 operation and can tolerate no downtime at all?

If this were my system I would look a little deeper than doing a quick fix (i.e.reset) then waiting for the next lockup.

Left a message for a friend at NEC. Stay tuned.........

Reset of the ACD didn't work, had to reset the Elite. It is not always the same phone. There have been a couple of times when it has been more than one phone, but it rarely occurs on the same phone twice in a row. Fortunately, we are not currently 24/7. However, we operate on a contractual basis & may need to operate at high measures when needed. I would hate to get into this predicament without a better alternative. What do you suggest/mean by "I would look a little deeper than doing a quick fix" ?Thanks again for your help!

X

What Software level of Elite do you have? Feature + 3 will show you on any display phone.

As far as the suggestion, the quick fix meaning reset to unlock the phone. It sounds as if it's just an annoyance at this point in time but it will turn into a high priority beyond bumping your switch, just my $.02. I have had simple lockups of phones on systems come back and bite as they turned into a much deeper problem.

Are the stations that lockup on the same ESI card. Have you tried just resetting the ESI card versus the whole system?

Another thing to look at is the System refresh timer. Memory Block 1-8-11. What is the setting?

Let me know.......

Software level: SP037 V7.01
This occurs on all ESI cards on a random basis, and resetting these cards didn't work as well.
Sorry, but I'm a newbie... can you define this for me:
Memory Block 1-8-11. What is the setting?
I know how to get into program mode, and get around a little bit.

Thanks,
X

Sorry it took so long to reply,

1-8-11 is the system refresh timer for the Elite / IPK. It has caused trouble in the past with ACD. The refresh should only happen when the system is idle completely. Try setting to NONE.

unless he has acd+

nec wants you to have the refresh timer turned on for it which completely goes against their opinions dealing with their vm's!

i normally turn the refresh timer to non unless i have acd+. when the system does it's reset it will also reset the vm card and could cause data corruption in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back