Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eliminate ALL menubar icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioSteve

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
I like to create BLANK menubars, and use them with my forms. That way, the user does not see alot of irrelevant icons.

How can I eliminate the "type a question for help" textbox from my menubar?

Tools | Customize |..
Then right click on that textbox uncheck show help...

Then create a new menubar. In Access 2003 you should be able to do it with new menubar:

See Thread181-890362 to create a new one.

Okay, I went to tools/options.

I new see the tabs "toolbars", "commands", and "options".

Now what?

Oh, I see what you want me to do. Actually, I have already know how to create a menu bar and choose its options. My problem is that the help text box is added automatically. And I do not want it on my menu bar.

What I mean is to bring the dialog box(tools | options) and keeping it open right click on the textbox on the menubar.(You can't get the rightclick menu if the dialog is not open)

When I have the customize dialogue box open, it is the active object. I am not allowed to right-click something else.

Go up to your menubar on the upper right-hand corner where you see " "type a question for help". Put your mouse there and right-click. You will see "Show Ask a Question box" and a check mark to the left. Click the check mark to remove it.

"type a question for help" should be gone now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back