Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electronic faxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thnoss

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2003
GB
Does anyone have some experience with electronic faxing with a brooktrout fax card and lotus notes?

YES. Omnifax Sucks. If that is what you are considering, look for another product. Their documentation is marginal, their support is worse. I used to get a kick out of calling their 800 number and getting placed on hold for an hour at their expense waiting for tech support.

If you are stuck with it, even with the bad documentation that omits things, such as signing the databases that they provide (you should know you need to do that anyway), or omiting steps in the creation of fax domains... you will eventually get it set up. It periodically stops with no messages indicating that it has done so... so plan on sending youself a fax everyday to ensure it is up...

llhomme

We are not using Omnifax. We actually are using a fax domino server, with our brooktrout trufax 200 card, the problem we have is we can receive faxes, but are unable to send faxes as an error occurs when trying to create a cover page.

If you know anywhere we can go to fault find this would be most appreciated.

Thnoss

Fax for Domino has been removed from Lotus product suite.
The main reason was quality problems. EOL for support was December 31, 2001.

You should consider moving on to another fax solution. Here's a couple of recommended vendors
- AVT RightFAX Gateway for Lotus Notes
- VSI-FAX for Notes
- IBM Integrated Domino Fax for iSeries (5733-FXD)

We have used Castelle Faxpress for many years. It integrates well with Domino. I reviewed the market only a couple of months ago when we were considering upgrading the Faxpress to v7. Castelle is still the cheapest quality offering by a long way and I like the way the fax server is a separate piece of hardware. We use it in combination with an Ascom Fax Router to translate the ISDN DID nos to achieve direct fax routing.

I have also looked at RightFax which is another good product. You could possible make use of your BrookTrout board with this offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.