Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electronic Banking / ACH file control

Status
Not open for further replies.

valvegal

MIS
Aug 30, 2011
US
We are currently using ES 9.6.300 electronic banking for ACH payments to our vendors. We have been doing so for about 6 months now, and all has been going well. Now one of the vendors would like their payments by ACH into their savings account. Not a checking account. Does anyone know where in ES I can set the transaction code that tells the ACH file savings account not checking account? The code does change on the ACH file when running a pre-note and when running a transaction. But I assumed that is because they are ran under different processes. It also changes between credit and debit type transactions when processing payments. I can get all of the checking code numbers to work through AP transactions.

According to my format specs. It is a 2 digit code in the ACH file right before the depositing account number on the entry detail record.
For Checking accounts
• 22 = credit
• 23 = pre note credit
• 27 = debit
• 28 = pre note debit

For Savings Accounts
• 32 = credit
• 33 = pre note credit
• 37 = debit
• 38 = pre note debit
I can only think of changing the ACH file by hand so that the ACH transmission would work. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Valve Gal
Macola ES 9.6.300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back