Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electra CO Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxx

Vendor
Sep 22, 2006
US
I have Electra Pro MBD-C 8-10 KTU. I usually work on Avaya systems. This system currently has 4 CO lines and 8 station sets. Can it be easily expanded for more CO lines? If so what cards are required?

I believe you have an Electra Professional Level I system. You can add one ESI-C(8) card for 8 more stations, and one COI-C(2)-10 card for two more central office lines. If you have software level 3.0 or higher you can add another two port central office card COI-C(2A)-10 for two more central office lines. The total capacity is 8x16. Note the second expansion CO card is different. To check the software level, look at the numbers on the ROM chip inside the KSU, or try pressing FNC + 3 on a display phone while idle and read the display.

Thanks, I would assume that the CO expansion card just pops onto one of the slots and have the RJ11C plugs on them as does the 4 port CO card?

Once the card is in will it automatically allow the sets to access the additional lines after they have been programmed?

Do you have any suggestions were I can get the card form?

If you are still looking for the CO expansion card for trunks 5+6, you will need NEC PN 721100 COI-C(2). I cannot give you specific information in this forum, due to confidentiality. You can visit the NEC web site and look for dealers. Some of them may still have the card in inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back