Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Elastix with GXW4108 - Calls get connected before pick-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanet Telecoms Ltd

Technical User
Sep 16, 2016
UG
Hello guys,
I am facing some undesirable results with my current setup.

Scenario is as below.
We have an Alcatel OmniPCX4400 installed with about 150 Extensions - IP and Analog. We have connected some analog extensions from the alcatel to the Grandstream GXW4108 to act as trunks to the Elastix server. Extensions on the Elastix can call extensions on the Alcatel and Extensions on the Alcatel can call those on the Elastix (Destination EXT dialed after IVR).

The problem is when a user from Elastix dials an extension on Alcatel the call gets connected before the other party picks up then continues to get a second ringback tone untill the other party picks. My interest is to avoid the false call status (connected) and have the call only display on the phone that connected when the other party has actually picked the call.

I understand its something to do with Call Progress Tones (CPT). Tried lots of things without success.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back