Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Elastix using Digium TE 235 Configuration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvepps

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
Was wondering if anyone has worked with Elastix which uses Asterisk. I have a problem trying to configure a Digium TE235. I tried posting this on the Elastix site but no one has provided an answer.

I have been going through some of the manuals that Elastix has provided and others as to how to configure hardware cards like the Digium TE235 dual port T1 card. I want to configure the card for ISDN PRI but configure one for CPE signaling and the other for NET so that I could connect them back to back. I have been able to successfully do this through Asterisk config files but not through the Elastix GUI.

Two Questions on configuring the T1 Card using Elastix:

1. What is the reason for registering the card with Elastix through the Dashboard? I noticed that under System -> Dashboard, I can show Telephony hardware. This shows my card as a Wildcard TE435/235 and notes it is not registered. When I click on the Not Registered button, it requires the serial number of the card and tries to register it to Elastix via the internet. The service is working fine since I configured the span parameters in the etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf.

2. When I use the Hardware Detector feature of Elastix (System ->Hardware Detector), it did detect my card (all jacks are green). However, next to the left of the jack icons, it only has a link to "Configuration of Span" and not the other link for "Span Parameters". According to some of the documentation on Elastix (and FreePBX), Span Parameters allows an administrator to configure the switch type (national, DMS, etc) and signaling (CPE or NET) of the TI (ISDN PRI). The only way I have been able to set each span up for different signaling (one for net and the other for cpe) is to edit the dahdi-channels.conf under /etc/asterisk. Could this be due to the fact that the card is not registered in Elastix?

Information on the Elastix configuration:

Elastix 4.0.0 Release 1 - 64 bit version
FreePBX 2.11.0 Release 23
Asterisk 11.21.0 0.el7.centos
Centos 7.2.1511
Dahdi 2.10.2

Note: The dahdi module used for the card is wcte43x.

I am using Elastix 4. Most importantly is the inability to use the "Span Parameters" link to change the parameters of the T1 (ISDN).

Thanks
kvepps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back