Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Elastix Help on Context

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexer

Programmer
Jun 13, 2006
VE
Hi

A customer has an Elastix version 2.4 (That It was already installed when I checked it), They have two context for extensions, one context that allows extensions to make external calls without entering PIN's and another contexts that ask for PIN's for allowing make external calls.
When I edited the file "extensions.conf", I saw that the contexts were created manually into this file.
My doubt, context must be created into the file "extension_custom.conf"?, because when the file "extensions.conf" is modified and If The Elastix is restarted or reloaded Dialplan all the modification make in the file "extensions.conf" are lost becasuse this file is overwrited?, Or Is There a way to configure Elastix for not losing the changes make manually in the file "extensions.conf" when Elastix restsrt or When the dialplan is reloaded? If there's a way? I think this Elastix have it because changes make in the file "extensions.conf" aren't lost (I don't know how')
Please, Any Ideas?

lexer,
I believe you are correct. I don't personally use freepbx gui on any of my systems (which I think is what elastix uses) but I recall when playing with it early on in trixbox distro that you couldn't make any changes to the actual extensions.conf file because of what you are describing. The system would overwrite the whole file when any changes were made in the gui. That is the reason for the extension_custom.conf. You should see something at the top of the auto-generated extensions.conf file that "includes" the custom file. That makes it seem to the system that they are the same file when you do a dialplan reload from the asterisk command line.

Long story short. Put the contexts in the extensions_custom.conf and they should survive changes properly.

Let me know if you have questions and I can probably help.
-Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back