Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ELAN IP change

Status
Not open for further replies.

trav87

Programmer
Nov 24, 2009
US
We have a CS1000 6.0 with Call Pilot 5.0 and IBM secutiry servers. Our infinately wise IS team has decided that we need to change one octet in our ELAN IP addresses.

We can change the ELAN on the switch and CallPilot, but once we get to the security servers and change IP info in baseparamsconfig, we lose all connectivity to them. If we change everything back to the old IP's they all work. We had no problems with the signaling servers at another site, but we are running newer security and signaling servers here.

Has anyone done this before? The Nortel documentation on changing IP's is extremely vague.

UCM?
i think you have to redistrib the security token and rejoin the security domain on PBX, also add your elements back.

resync the node probably also.
also you have to change your DNS or Hosts file....if you had ELAN in there.

also, can you change it from Linux BASE MANAGER under NETWORK IDENTITY?

not sure if its there after install... but worth a look

UCM - Yes
We can't even ping pbx to Signaling server, so we cant redistribute the security token, nor rejoin the security domain. The Call Pilot server pings both, and I can ping everything from my desktop PC.

Our vendor has a ticket open with Avaya, but due to schedule conflicts, won't be back on site for a week and a half. Just trying to get some local feedback in the meantime.

also, must reboot....

docs
NTP
NN43001-315

page 94, (from the May 2009 docs)

Says can be done from there (Base manager), but it does not mention primary or member...not sure if primary will allow

NN43001-260 is what I have found so far for changing IP's, and it seems to be a different version of the .pdf our vendor had. It references NN43001-315, but I had trouble finding a release 6.0 copy. How the heck can I get 10,000 results searching for NN43001-260 on avaya's site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back