Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eject tape after backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgauteng

Technical User
Nov 15, 2006
ZA
Hello NB Admin
Is there a way to eject the tapes from the library once the scheduled backup is done . what we trying to achieve is once all the clients have been backed up the tape should ejectfrom the drive and placed in the tray to be taken offiste.
How can this be achieved that on a daily basis I use new tapes instead of appending the previous nights ...

I can't give you syntax because I don't currently use the commands but I believe the vlteject or the vltopmenu commands could give you some insight on this matter. Maybe someone else who is currently using one of the commands can give you a better idea as far a the syntax goes since I believe you want to eject regular backups not Vault backups?

use the command bpmedia to first suspend the tape
then use the command vmchange to eject the tape

There are man pages available to help you with the usage of the commands in the "Commands for Unix or Windows" guides.

you can schedule the script to run via cron

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

thanks for the replies but there no automated procedure where on a weekly basis suspend the weekly tapes they get moved to the inport and removed till further requiredor until they expire ....and can be re-used ..

hi NB Admins
Could i use the duplicate feature in NB6.0 for offsite and how best would this work ,need to get script together that checks the offsite pool and ejects the tapes to the inports adn emails admin of the tapes offsite ,any ideas would help

hello there admin
Does anybody have a script to check which tapes were used in the latest backup and then send them to the inport to be taken offsite as well as request tapes when their offsite retention period is finished and they available to be reused.
thankls in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back