Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EIGRP true a PIX-to-PIX VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

strueson

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
US
Hi,

I have 2 cisco routers running EIGRP in my network. I have build a parallel link with VPN with 2 PIX. For some reasons I whant the traffic go true the VPN tunnel primary and use the second line as backup. Does it's possible to run EIGRP true the tunnel?

Thanks

Joe

Easiest way would be to create a GRE tunnel between the two routers and then advertise eigrp through them. btw, open protocol 47 if you have any filters on the pix, for GRE packets to pass through.

Jan

Hey there,

EIGRP over IPSec will not work. You will need to encapsulate it on a GRE tunnel first. The link below may help you achieving this task. Take into account the PIX is not able to encapsultae GRE packets only routers can. You will have to configure GRE over IPSec on the routers and configure the PIX to allow GRE traffic to pass through, for this task you need a static translation and you will also need to open protocol GRE and TCP 1743. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back