Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EIGRP feasible link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microbyte

Technical User
Feb 20, 2003
US
from an exam i took last week. this particular problem haunts me even in my sleep, so please help me out!
Because cisco's terms of agreement, i'll try to make question more general.

In EIGRP environment there are 2 redundant paths from router 'a' to router 'z'. first link fails but the other link does not qualify for becoming feasible successor. what mode does the router 'a' do to send packets to router 'z'?

thanks in advance!

dang, i guess this didn't turn out to be so general. if it is, oops - sue me~ :)

It seems to me like the route would go into "Stuck in Active", and when the timer expires, the router would clear the route to the network that can no longer be reached.

so, that source router would go into "active" state to the router z? or to all the neighboring routers?

Once the route is Stuck in Active, that means that the router is waiting for someone to tell it that it may have a possible route, so if it's in Active, that means that currently it has no successor or feasible successor to the destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back