Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPKC

Technical User
May 13, 2003
YU
I get licence file from my vendor and i done lidai
the result printout was
<LIDAP;

EIC=**-****
SEQUENCE ID=0 ...

then i get alarm eic mismatch what should i do?

From Alex:

6 Execution
6.1 Write EIC to the I/O board
Before delivery of the NIU/NIU2 board, the factory initiates the EIC for the site into the board. When a spare part NIU/NIU2 board shall be used to replace a faulty NIU/NIU2, the maintenance technician normally has to initiate the EIC according to the procedure below.

The Ericsson Identity Code, EIC is stored in the board memory. The EIC code is written into the memory by niux command writeeic. It can only be written once. The EIC code can be retrieved by niux command readeic.

To initiate the EIC code on the NIU/NIU2 the following procedure should be followed:

Log on to the NIU/NIU2
Key a sequence of S characters until a proper echo is received
Key the account name for the account with authority class 7

****send without the semicolon**********

Key the account password

****send without the semicolon**********

Print out the EIC information
Key command readeic i where the parameter i stands for information.
Write the EIC information
Key command writeeic IPA AS where IPA is the four last characters from the IPA number and AS is the application system number.

Warning! The IPA and AS numbers must be written in decimal form.

Verify the EIC information
Key command readeic i

Good luck,

Dave Strang

i have niu2 with xy-0000 and the licence is delivered with file name xy-0000-zz.lic so i dont have to do writeeic on niu2
system is tswsp0
niu is r2a with nif2r9a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back