Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eGate Enterprise Manager not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinod74

Programmer
Nov 13, 2002
US
I have eGate Integrator installed on my laptop, having Pentium 4. When I try to run the Enterprise Manager GUI, nothing starts actually. The JRE which it is using is 1.1.7. I tried to change the JRE to 1.3.1 and it starts but with lots of exceptions. I know that JRE 1.1.7 has a known issue with Pentium 4, but then there must be some fix for making eGate work on P4 machines.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Vin.

I had a similar issue with eGate 4.5.1... I am assuming that you have or can have access to a unix prompt.

1. Do a full, backup & export of your schemas:

$ stcregutil -rh (HOSTNAME) -rs (SCHEMANAME) -un (USERNAME) -up (PASSWORD) -bu -e (SCHEMANAME).exp

2. Shut down all e*Gate components (egstop should do the trick)

3. Delete the ~/egate/server/registry/(SCHEMANAME).rdb file

4. Start the registry (regstart will do that for you)

5. Import the previously exported registry:

$ stcregutil -rh (HOSTNAME) -rs (SCHEMANAME) -un (USERNAME) -up (PASSWORD) -bu -e (SCHEMANAME).exp

6. Try to sign on with the Enterprise Manager.

If that doesn't work, repeat steps 1 through 4. Before step 5, however, load the exported file into an editor and delete the entire !REGISTRY_LAYENT table. This means everything starting at the !REGISTRY_LAYENT line up to, but not including, the next line that begins with an exclamation point (probably !REGISTRY_ROLE).

Then do steps 5 and 6.

This is the known issue with Pentium IV.

After installing the e*Gate, search for the file named symcjit.dll inside the e*Gate installed directory.
and rename the file to symcjit.old.

It should work.

Good Luck,
Siva Semsetti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back