Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eGate 4.x versus ICAN versus Java CAPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggcr

Technical User
Nov 15, 2006
BR
Hello everybody,

Is there any documentation where can I find the difference between eGate 4.x versus ICAN versus Java CAPS ?

I need to upgrade my eGate but first, I would like to understand the main problems ( or issues ) that I can get ...

Thanks for your help.

I have a conference call with a trainer tomorrow. I'll try to remember to update this forum.

Mark

I had the first set of training on JCAPS. Of course, I don't like it. I didn't like moving from Datagate 3.6 to eGate 4.5. Jcaps is even more complex. It's time to create my own engine. I don't care for Java, I prefer perl. I have a Java class in a couple weeks. After that it will be time to make the decision.

Mark

The biggest difference between eGate and ICAN is, that ICAN try's not making proprietary Applications, but is executed under an application server (tomcat).

CAPS is even better abstracted, the default application server can easaly exchanged eg. with JBoss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back