Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Education, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkonner

MIS
Apr 28, 2001
US
Howdy,

I hope this is not inappropriate for me to post this here, but I am looking for suggestions on advancing my education in IT. I am specifically interested in operating systems, network topology, and security. I need to do so if I am going to stay in this field. I already have my BA and MA (from NYU), but in liberal arts (absolutely no regrets!). I am interested in working on another master’s degree.

I have thought about getting a degree in Computer Science, but I am not looking to become a programmer. I am not afraid of the program, but I am not certain this would be right for me. What about MIS? I am looking for a program in a "real" college or university and not a technical (for profit) school, where I can move my career to a new level.

Unfortunately, so far I have not found anything in the Boston area (where I live) that looks interesting to me. I would prefer not to move, but I would consider a temporary move to further my education. I like where I live a great deal.

I would be grateful for some suggestions and possibly programs people are familiar with. I would like to add that I love Linux (probably not the right forum), but I also want to tighten-up my Windows 2003 skills too.

Thanks,

Bkonner

For microsoft try forum . They will be able to help you about microsoft certification (which includes Server (win 2003), client (2k or XP) and most network inplimentation. For Linux you would be best with red hat certification or maybe Novell 9dont know if they yet certify their Linux).

Louis Hill

I think you'll get a better response if you post this in:
forum654

X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back