Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editor for PHP ???? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodgk

Programmer
May 16, 2000
IN
I just shifted to PHP3,i was a ASP developer,<br>so i would like to know <b><font color=red>which is the best editor for PHP3</font>,like for ASP we have Visual Interdev..and ColdFusion has its own editor</b>.same way is there any editor for PHP3 which helps a developer in coding ???<br><br>Thanking you in advance..!!

As yet there is no specific development environment for PHP, but a few text editors have syntax highlighting for PHP. My favorite is UltraEdit (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> At present it only runs in Windows, but it includes FTP open and save to, which really speeds deployment onto my Unix server. If you are working in Unix or Linux, I favor the KDE Advanced Editor.<br><br>Actually, any editor that supports C or C++ will work well for PHP, because the syntax is so similar.<br><br>It would be nice, though to have an Interdev-like application for PHP development. Maybe the Metrowerks CodeWarrior or Cygnus Code Fusion will evntually support it.

Actually there is one for PHP.<br><br>Its still in beta, but it works OK, the only thing it doesnt seem to do is follow links, but it does tell you where it would have gone...<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p>Liz Kimber<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back