Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editor doesn't resume where I left off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amartureo

Programmer
May 1, 2002
US
Yikes! Somehow, in the process of trying to create runtime installations, a setting has changed for my program editor. Instead of the editor opening up on the same line of code from my last edit, it opens at the first line of the program. This will never do. Can someone please steer me to the setting I need to adjust?

I'm using the editor that came with VFP7.

Sounds like you are sharing your resource file with someone else. You can't get it exclusive. If it's a new thing, you probably put something in your CONFIG.FPW file like:

RESOURCE=Some_Common_Directory

Change your developement config to:
RESOURCE="C:\Program Files\.......etc"

or whatever path you are wanting to use.

Dave S.
[cheers]

You may also need to change the default value to save each files individually in the Resource file (FOXUSER.DBF), rather than just a setting for all .PRG files.

Rick

Thanks folks,

It was indeed a change in the resource setting. I fussed around with a CONFIG.FPW and the registry for a while, but finally resolved the problem by issuing a SET RESOURCE ON command from my development environment, then entering TOOLS, OPTIONS, and SET AS DEFAULT to make it stick for the next session.

Its amazing how such little things can cause such consternation. You've helped ease the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back