Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing text files for 96xx phones 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

capthoward

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2008
US
I've got a situation where a customer wants to turn the 9620 VPN on. No big deal, just copy the script into the 46xxsettings.txt file and boom, right? Well, not exactly...I copied the script into that file, copied that file onto the SD card using embedded file management within manager but it doesn't seem to ever reference the 96xxvpn.txt that it's supposed to. My thought is that I have put the 46xxsettings file in the wrong place on the SD card. Then I noticed the phone reference a 96xxupgrade file just before it goes to the 46xxsettings file...but I can't seem to locate that file on the SD card anywhere. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Frankly if you don't know the difference between the roles of the settings file and the upgrade file you shouldn't go any further until you've read the 9600 LAN Administrators Guide and the IP Office H323 IP Telephone Installation Manual.

1) If using the SD card as the file source, the IP Office will create some files on the fly in response to requests from the phone if the file requested is not actually on the card.

2) Depending on their mood and the software release Avaya have flipped between 46xxsettings.txt and 46xxsettings.scr. Check exactly which the phone is asking for.

3) The files need to be in the /system/primary folder.

Frankly, thank you for your kind response. I will re-read those documents.

Did you put the 9620 in group 876 ?
press mute "craft" (27238) # then go down to group and enter 876

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Thanks Bas and Peter...yes I did put the phone is 876, but no I didn't have the files in the primary folder. I guess I missed that line in the manual. I'll try that.

Well it all worked out when I put the edited file and the new 96xxvpn.txt in the primary directory. I guess I'm the only one on here who didn't realize that's the place those go. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back