Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing text - can't seem to so it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiteflyer

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
US
I'm using Fireworks MX - I start with "New", then add a couple of characters of text. Now I'd like to erase just a little bit of one of the characters - but I can't edit the text itself.

So I convert to symbol - still can't edit. The only way seems to be to export the image, then import it - it's then
a bitmap, so I can edit it in FW.

Shouldn't there be an easier way that I just can't see?

Thanks...JP

Sounds like you need to find your Text Tool; which is the A" symbol in your tools (check the left side of your screen) Tools > Vector > "A"

Select the "A" text tool by clicking it once; put it on your canvas, click once and start typing. Expand the text box by grabbing the corner and pulling it out into shape. At the bottom of your screen, below your canvas, find your Properties box, set your font size and colour and lots of goodies from within that box.

By the way ... if you're trying to edit a symbol, double click it and the edit screen will open. :) But for general text you do not have to convert to a symbol or button unless you want to make a navigaiton bar and repeat the style or something similar.

JT / WW

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am woman, watch me code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back