Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing text automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbasslichtie

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
GB
Hi, could someone help me with a new problem please.

I have implemented a system for a client where a CV is taken, copied into various fields in a database, and then when they are singled out by a search, s standardised CV is produced using this information. The CV is output into a mail merge Word 2000 Document and this is now full functioning.

The problem I have is that my client now wants the Database to automaticaly tackle a section of the database that is very time consuming, the formatting of a job experience list. The client has to turn a section that has been typed in any manner e.g.

In 1997-1999 I worked as a Baker in Dundee, and spent my time baking cakes, being responsible for various aspects of the business such as stock taking and accounts.

to something like:

1997 - 1999 Worked as a Baker in Dundee baking cakes, being responsible for various aspects of the business such as stock taking.

The problem is how can this be done, when entering the CV into the database I am unable to edit the text, being unable to use the tabs, or make individual words bold etc. Is their a way using macros or something I can sort the text out so it saves the client time?

If you can help or if you have any questions feel free to email andrew@cybertechcomputers.co.uk or post here.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back