Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

editing software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnjulie

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
CA
I am trying to find editing software that I can work in .asp pages with and with an internal software browser that supports viewing the page itself (not just the code).

Any recommendations re: editing software that you use & like , and that can do the above...
thank you :)

Dreamweaver MX does this quite nicely, with all of the good stuff Dreamweaver provides.

Microsoft's InterDev helps you more with the ASP (though Dreamweaver MX helps you, too), but it's in-application page viewing is more limited.

I used to write all of my ASP in InterDev, but now I use Dreamweaver MX exclusively -- it's the ideal combination of WYSIWY(very nearly)G and a good code editor.

I like this:

NoteTab Pro

And then open a browser in a separate window such as IE or Netscape (don't need an editor for this part).

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt - Freelance ASP Web Developer
- Creating "dynamic" Web pages that read and write from databases...

you can't open asp files in a browser, they have to be run on a asp enabled webserver (IIS/PWS or Apache + Chill!Soft).

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back