Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing .sitemap file from codebehind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbushway

Programmer
Jan 27, 2003
US
Hi,
I have an application that I'd like to set up so that certain roles can only see certain pages.

What I want to do is have a list of roles and for each role, have the administrator decide which pages that role can see (I'll either have a checkbox or a radiobutton next to each page displayed in a list)

When they've made all the changes and hit the update button, is there a way to edit the "roles" parameter of the <sitemapnode> tag in the .sitemap file?

For example, the <sitemapnode> originally looked like this:
Code:
<siteMapNode url="~/Administration/AdministrationMenu.aspx" title="Administration" description="Administration" roles="Training"></siteMapNode>
   </siteMapNode>

After the update, can it look like this?
Code:
<siteMapNode url="~/Administration/AdministrationMenu.aspx" title="Administration" description="Administration" roles="Training,Investigating Officer,Local Administrator"></siteMapNode>
   </siteMapNode>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back