Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing or Changing Nortel R-1, T-1 MICS Systems hunt groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

libertyinstaller

Technical User
Jun 29, 2010
US
I am trying to change and delete the hunt groups on a Nortel MICS R-1, T-1 system installed in 1987. It's been so long I just don't remember how to do it.

Changing the hunt groups is nothing like changing them on the newer systems.

I added a standard cordless telephone using a Nortel ATA and I would like to add it to the existing hunt groups. I can dial station to station and make outgoing calls without a problem.

The site is using a Flash Voice Mail and I have already checked, Glist, Tables, paths and CCR without success.

I am not the original installer or reseller, the owner purchased it over the internet (about 5 years ago) and it was configured as is. It is configured for a T-1, but the site is NOT using a T-1. The prompts on the Flash (Selection codes 1, 2, and 3) were already there with different names. Instructions were provided to the owner on how to change the selector code names.
The extensions(DN) assigned to those (selection code) groups is what I would like to change.

They must have something set up because right now when you call the company it's press one for sales, press to for service and press three for accounting or credit. That's why I'm having a problem with the system.

Brian, there is nothing set up presently in the CCR tree, so is nothing to change.

You have stated that when calling the company, the greeting says press 1 for sales, 2 for Service, etc....This is CCR. When an incoming caller presses 1, where does the call ring?

Instructions were provided to the owner on how to change the selector code names."

And they are what?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

We'll I figured it out! They are using ANSWER DN on each phone vs. a hunt group. They have one extension(DN) assigned to the selector code (on the Flash) and then are using answer DNs at the other telephones to receive the calls at each extension.

VT, I guess this answers your question and was administered this way because as Brian stated this version doesn't have hunt group.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who responded as your answers were very helpful and they made me look at/in other areas.

Now all I have to do is assign (somehow) an answer DN to the ATA extension.

I haven't tried, does anyone know if NRU7 will connect to this system (yes, I know I have to have a RAD unit)?

You can't put an ANS DN on an analog DN (ATA). If using an ATA make it the pilot. In other words ANS DN of the
ATA on a digital set.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back