Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing Nantucket Clipper .exe Files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2003
ES
I have just moved into a job where the accounting programme is a 1987 (DOS!) version of Nantucket Clipper, which has been limping along (here) for some time. Without any documentation, I am at a loss as to making any necessary adjustments, etc. Neither of the other employees here can help.

How do I open an .exe file for editing, for example, to adjust printing properties that seem to be burried in a macro? Can this be done from within the .exe file, or is a separate programme required for this and similar maintenance?

Thanks for your help

carmichael_neely@yahoo.com
San Pedro de Alcantara, Spain

You cannot open .exe files without a de-compiler program.

If the program was actually written on site, look for .prg files. They make up the programs that when compiled and linked (with Clipper) create the executable (.exe) file that you are using.

Not origional but someone in another groups said recently real programmers start with:

Copy Con MyApp.exe Ian Boys
DTE Systems Ltd

Carmichael,

I offered help to you twice in a private email.
So far no response.

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back