Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing Mtext in R14

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffie52

Technical User
Jul 20, 2005
GB
Hi All,

We are trying to run ACAD R14 under Wndows XP and are having some trouble with the mtext editor. Most of the text in our drawings is Romans (company standard!)and when we try to edit this using the mtext editor (with the text size at 2.5) the text is very thin and barely visible. If the text size is changed to 2.0 then the text displays ok. This also happens with some other texts. I suspect that it is something to do with Romans being a TTF. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I know this was an issue with some of the older releases of Windows so it may work for you, in your control panel settings, make sure you don't have your font smoothing set to on. Other than that, you're probably right about them being a true type font, 14 didn't really like true type fonts.

HTH
Todd

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the suggestion but I had tried this to no avail. I know it is a bit of a work-round but we have found that if we alter the zoom in the mtext editor window (using Ctrl and the mouse scroll wheel) the text becomes clear. I think we can live with that!

Regards

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back