Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing Mappings Data Types in SSIS

grnzbra

Programmer
Mar 12, 2002
US
I have a SQL Server 2022 database and Visual Studio 2022. The database has a join table connecting several other tables. There is a view that shows the join table with the joined tables values rather than the keys used in the join table (all keys are uniqueidentifiers). I am a beginner with SSIS and built an SSIS package that takes the output of the view and loads another table in the database. The data types in the view and the receiving table are the same. However, the column mappings in the destination element show some of the varchar values in the source tables going to numeric datatypes in the destination table even though the source view data types and the destination table data types match. The data in the mismatched fields is numeric.

I remember the Import Data wizard in SQL Server would have this same problem (if the first record's field was numeric) but the mapping portion gave on the ability to tell the wizard that it had guessed wrong and that the field in question should be varchar. SSIS does not seem to have this ability - to tell the fields that they should be alpha.

Is there any way to tell the SSIS mapping that the data type needs to be changed.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back