Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing Group Policy - Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

drexen1

MIS
Feb 6, 2003
US
I get an error message every time I go into Windows 2003 Active Directory Users and Computers and try to edit one of our Group Policies. I right click on my domain name, select properties, select Group Policy Tab, highlight the group policy I want to edit, and then select the “edit” button. As soon as I click on “edit”, I receive the following error message:

[Administrative Templates]

The following entry in the [string] section is too long and has been truncated.

This policy setting allows you to manage a list of web sites that will be allowed to open pop-up windows regardless of the Internet Explorer process’s Pop-Up Blocker settings./n/nIf you enable this policy setting, you can enter a list of the sites which will

What is causing this problem and how can I fix it?
Thanks,

This KB article explains the root cause and how to fix it.

[URL unfurl="true"]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=842933[/url]

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

I followed the article you sent me and I discovered that I have already installed the updated Group Policy Management Console with Service Pack-1 on my computer. However, once I removed this, I was able to edit group policy objects again. The only way I was able to stop this error from happening on my Win.03 Servers was too install Service Pack-1 for Win.03

Thanks again for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back