Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

editing CLUT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

les404

Technical User
Apr 6, 2006
US
Hi all,

hope someone can help me with this. I was wondering if there is a tutorial or plugin for photoshop or Imageready that will let me edit color palletts like debab. I'm trying to avoid having to buy debab and I've got alot of "cell phone" art ot do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

les

Don't know exacty what you're trying to edit. PS comes with an enormous number of different color palettes. Of those each one is completely editable.

I'd guess (have no idea really) that the best starting point would be to use the web safe palette. To add a color. click the color in the tools pallette and make it what you want. Then go to the swtches palette/upper right triangle menu and select New Swatch. You can also just right click anyhwere on teh swatches palette to get New Swatch. The color you just made will come up in the window and you can give it a name.

To get rid of colors from the swatches, right click and pick Delete.

To keep a custom palette, click on the triange and pick Save.

I've just scratched the surface here, color control/swatch options are virtually unlimited.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back