Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDITING ACCESSRT.MSI - DIRECTORY CORRECT SYNTAX??? URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

leslie746

MIS
May 31, 2004
GB
Dear All,

I want to install the Access Runtime along with my application (say MyProg) using the directory tree:
Program Files\MyProg\Access_RT where "MyProg" is my application and "Access_RT" contains the Access runtime.

When I try to edit Accessrt.msi using Orca, I seem to be lost in Orca Tables and Directories entries which I am trying to amend.

After I change INSTALLLOCATION to point at the above path,
by using Directory Parent : "ProgramFilesFolder" and DefaultDir: "MyProg\Access_RT" - runtime installation starts with the error pertaining to directory syntax

What in this particular case should be amended and what is the proper syntax for INSTALLLOCATION (DirectoryParent and DefaultDir)?

Also, I would like to be able to skip the dialog box (offering the choice of destination)and instead to go to silent installation into a predefined destination.

I am at complete loss when I see entries like TARGETDIR, SOURCEDIR. Which of them, or any other entries should be amended?

Early assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back