Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing a Public Address List in Exchnage server 5.5sp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 1999
GB
Unless I'm very much mistaken I believe that the only way to edit or add entries either to the Global Address List or any other Public Address List is via the Exchange Admin tool. Am I correct or does somebody know how to do this via the Outlook 98 interface.<br>
<br>
When I give the appropriate permissions the Outlook 98 interface reports that editing the lists is not possible, can anybody shed any light on this matter.<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Pete ....

I have the same problem, maybe we can help each other.<br>
In order to be able to make changes from outlook you need to have permissions from Exchange, but I believe on the server you also need to have active server compontents running and you can't install that without Active Server Pages, witch brings me to my problem, I can't seem to find Active Server Pages but I hope the rest of this shed some light on your problem !

Hi Mav,<br>
<br>
I believe I got these when I installed Option Pack 4, I suggest looking there. If that fails let me know and I will look up this info for you.

I think my problem may be that I'm running SP4 and exchange dosen't know ASP is installed. I got ASP from Opt-Pk4 but it also said at loading that it had not been tested with SP4 and would I like to continue, But I still can't get ASC for Exchange to load !<br>
Thanks ! for the info !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back