Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing a CGI String

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hey all, I'm a total newbie to CGI, although I am quite good at ASP so i'm hoping they're similar!!
I run an online radio station and recently we have upgraded out computer playout software (the software that plays and mixes the music and jingles) to one which allows us to upload the 'currently playing' information onto the net.

However, this is presented on a CGI page with a string like:

OtsJuke DJ RAC Server 1.0.150 URL=/x/query.cgi?q=status Status=Playing Artist=Enrique Iglesias Title=Escape

What I want to do is edit this string to remove the first bit (up to Artist=), remove the Artist= and Title= words, and then format the remaining text to a font, colour and size and with a break in between.

(So in other words it would appear like this:
Enrique Eglesias
Escape
but in, say, arial size 2 red)

Many thanks in advance

Stuart Pinfold
Project Manager, Youth Zone Radio

Youth Zone Radio >> R U YZR?
enquiries@ru-yzr.co.uk

If you could, please post the code that surrounds how the page is gathering and displaying the piece you'd like to change. With that information, I'm sure someone in the forum could assist you with this.

- Rieekan

Sorry, I have no idea, as the code is generated internally by the program (called OtsJuke - ).

Is there any way of downloading the CGI script in its pure form from a website? Someone has developed a website ( ) with a CGI script with what I want to do, but it does not fit in with my site's current style and design.

If possible, can I download the CGI scripting so that I can edit it to my needs (with permission from the original author of course ;) )

Regards,

Stuart Pinfold
YZR WebMaster

Youth Zone Radio >> R U YZR?

webmaster@ru-yzr.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back