Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit with Microsoft FrontPage - Device Not Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

spo

MIS
Dec 19, 2001
US
I have FrontPage 2000 SR-1 and Windows XP w/ IE v6. Just recently when I am trying to edit a web page by using the "Edit with Microsoft FrontPage" option under the File menu in IE I get a pop up window saying: "C:\Document and Settings\....\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\2JLI72NT\JRES[1].htm The device is not ready."
I cannot navigate to this file w/ windows explorer but can get to it using the Find utility. When I delete this file or clear out the Temp directory, the "Edit with Microsoft FrontPage" option is not available. It only reappears when I close out of IE and then reopen and go to the page I want to edit. The message is still present (except the random id numbers for the temp file change) when I try to edit though.
I can open FrontPage separately and then open the site directly with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back