Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit user's title (showing in the corporate contacts list) in MiCollab 8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dval18

Technical User
Feb 2, 2012
CA
Hello,
I wonder if anyone has ever had to change the title for a given user. I'm talking about the title that shows next to the user's name, in the MiCollab desktop client's Corporate Contacts list.
capture_001_07112018_114150_wsb15y.jpg

The titles were added from the bup file when the users were created. I've looked around but couldn't find a place where I could edit the title. The MiCollab runs in integrated mode, so it's not syncing with an AD/LDAP server. It looks to me like the info imported from the "title" field is somewhere in the bowels of the MiCollab server, but I don't know how to access it.[ponder]
Thank you.

this statement is not neccessarily correct
"The MiCollab runs in integrated mode, so it's not syncing with an AD/LDAP server.'

in the latest version the micollab MUST be integrated if you are using the Micollab IDS connection

have a look in the MSL on the left under Integrated Directory service

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thank you Billz66 and sorry, I've should have used "and" instead of "so".
Integrated Directory Services was one of the places I've looked at.
capture_001_08112018_085329_lcwli6.jpg

There's the "title" field, at the bottom of the attribute mappings:
capture_002_08112018_085606_hqewko.jpg

The question is how do I get from there to being able to edit the user titles.

You may have jumped too far ahead. If you used a BUP it is probably not IDS integrated (even though they may say IDS manageable).
Is the department name, location or service label being used.
If that screen shot is from your system you are definitely not using AD integration which is what this form is used for. There are no domains listed.

Based off your comment you may be referring to the fact that you could not integrate with AD in the past if you integrated UCA in the MAS.
This is no longer the case. In fact it seems to work great in a few locations I've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back