Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

edit username in dun

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono261970

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have a dial up account on an NT 4.0 server, when I ceated the acount I typed in a username and password, checked the save password box.

Now I need to edit the username, can somebody tell where to find the username and password box. I have looked everywhere and can`t find an option for it!

cheers

jono

You should be able to edit it by going into My Computer -> Dial Up Networking... Select the connection you want to dial and click Dial - I think it will bring up the username and password dialog box then. [auto] MCSE NT4/W2K

Thanks for the reply. When I do what you say it starts to dial without showing any logon or password box.

cheers

I think you have checked Save Password selection check box. That is why it is not prompting for user name. Try to delete the entry and recreate again. Do not select Save Password check box. To delete the entry, open the dialup networking dialog box and click more tab, click delete entry. To recreate click new tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back