Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit Standard Text using Connector 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGreenhalgh

Programmer
Aug 22, 2007
US
Has anyone appended new comments to an Ellipse Entity using a connector. I have no problems creating new comments using the STDTEXT.Create method but have not been able to figure out how to append new comments. Using Ellipse 5.2.3.7 WK3.

I would appreciate any help.

Tim

I managed to get it working. I was trying to use text to store date-related entries with most recent first. So I did ...

STDTEXT.GetHeading (to see if any already existed)
STDTEXT.GetText (to read all existing text and temporaily hold it)
STDTEXT.SetText (to load new lines, and reload temporarily held existing lines)

The tricky bit is that the text (attribute 'TextLine') is one big string which is comprised of 20 lines, each 160 chars long, so you need to manipulate appropriately. ie. Lots of the text in Ellipse is 60 chars long (so the lines are padded with 100+ blanks). Some other text in Ellipse is 80 chars long. You can check the allowable length of text per text type and setting are held on the "XC" type on MSF010.

From memory, I recall that the STDTEXT.SetText overwrites any text which may already exist. I think there is another method STDTEXT.Append which can probably be used to tack new text on the end of existing text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back