Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit SQL Server Notification text

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuncFair

Technical User
Jul 23, 2001
US
I know that allows user-defined text to be added to notifications, but what I need is to edit the default message because it is too long for my phone to be able to display the entire message.

Is this possible, or do I need to have original email text captured, edited, and included in a 2nd email?

Thanks in advance,
Dunc

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what is real scenario is from your question, could you please refrase it? AL Almeida
NT/DB Admin
"May all those that come behind us, find us faithfull"

If you want to change the default messages for alerts, notifications, etc. you could modify the messages in master.dbo.sysmessages. However, this is not advisable. Every upgrade will likely repopulate the table with standard messages and you efforts will be lost. If you still want to modify these messages, you'll need to enable Ad Hoc updates for system tables.

USE master
EXEC sp_configure 'allow updates', '1'
RECONFIGURE With OVERRIDE Terry L. Broadbent
faq183-874 contains some tips and ideas for posting questions in these forums. Please review it and comment if you have time.
NOTE: Reference to the FAQ is part of my signature and is not directed at any individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back