Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit Operation on Table Failed Accessing Sql Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

monet1369

MIS
Sep 23, 2002
US
Error: An edit operation on table SOP_Master_Number_Setup Failed accessing SQL Data. Error was generated while in the Sales Trx Entry window. Running Dynamics 8.0. Sql Server 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server. We have been having power outages quite often. Just wondered what this error means. I did run Check Links on this particular table.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Since you've said you're experiencing power outages, my first suspicion would be a connectivity issue. I would restart the client computer (or at least exit GP and go back in) and see if the problem persists.

If so, next question would be whether this happens everywhere (including the server) or just a particular computer.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2009
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
blog:

Thanks so much for the info. It is happening everywhere. When we have power outages like this. What should I do? Run check links?
Thanks!

First thing I would do is put good UPS's on every computer and server. :)

Running check links on all the series is a good practice in general after power outages, disconnects, etc.

However, since the message is complaining specifically about the Master Number Setup in SOP, you can recreate this table by following these steps:

1. Run the following against your company database in SQL:
Delete SOP40500

2. Run check links on the Sales series.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2009
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
blog:

Thanks for your help! Our old UPS crashed and the company is aware of the problem and importance of having one, but are not willing at this point to purchase a new one. :( That would definitely solve the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back