Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

edit data on mySQL via Staroffice

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas303

Programmer
Aug 22, 2002
DE
Hi!

I'm currently trying to generate reports and edit data with StarOffice 6.0 on a mySQL database.

I connected Staroffice to mySQL via ODBC, ADO and JDBC. This worked fine by far. Small reports could easily be created. Data can be read.

Now, I'm trying to edit data in the mySQL tables, but there's no possibility to edit or insert data. With access or Visual Basic, this worked fine, so there's no right to be set in mySQL.

Considering knowledge base from sun, in SO 5.2 it should be done by setting insert and edit data in the context menu. In SO 6.0 there must be something else to be set. Even in direct table mode (by just clicking on the table in the data environment), tables can't be edited.

It seems, it does not have anything to do with driver, database or connection settings. It must have to do with StarOffice itsself.

Should be something simple, but I really don't know any more where to look for. I mean... it MUST work :-|

thanks in advance!

something new... I got write access via odbc on some tables in an access db.

Does it have to do something with the keys?

The tables I counld access all had primary keys.

Trying the same on mySQL with Primary Key, I had the same problem as before even using char fields. What's the solution?

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back