Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit Class of Service on a NAM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I need to edit the class of service on a NAM 4.0 DVC. DO i only need hyperterminal or some other program? (Norstar Voicemail manager). I'm hoping all I need is hyperterm.

Press f983, enter pw, press mbx, press 1, enter cos edit and go!

i want to make the maximum storage time for saved messages to be 30 days. I don't think I can do that with the phone?
I want to edit a Class of Service.

One of the things you cannot do via the Handset programming is the editing of COS. You need to dial or direct into the NAM for that functionality..

Does it have a NIC card in it?
You would see RJ45 jack on main board or by itself.

i managed to connect to serial port A on the NAM using procom plus and a null modem cable. then you can edit the class of service values.

i made the password expiry to 0 days. Will that prevent the passwords from ever expiring?

Yes it will prevent from expiring.

spoc_small_logo.jpg
e-mail me at​
sbwdaddy@yahoo.ca​

I know this is an old post so I hope your still out there.
I need to do the same thing. Did you need NVM Manager software or not?

using wayne's method you dont need the voicemail manager

i've done it thru hte PC - but nowadays convince the customer that changing the password is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back