Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit Calendar Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkGeekness

Technical User
Jan 20, 2003
US
have built a calendar based on php/MySQL. I am now designing the admin interface. I have already created the add event form, now I am stuck on the edit event form. I have a picture of what the form I want to look like at Anyways, I want you to first select the date of the event that you want to edit. Then after the date has been selected, I want it to pull all of the events from the database with that date into a drop down menu. From the drop down menu you would then select the event that you want to edit, and then have it appear in the text field.

I am pretty much stuck on this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Justin

Your link isn't a jpg, it's html. But from what you said it looks like you want to have a select and then use javascript onChange to refresh the page and pull the values out of the database. Then you could use js again and when you select the dropdown of the event, it could fill in the text field. does that help?

Yes, that helps. I understand the idea of doing it, I now just don't understand how. I understand the PHP part, but not the Javascript. Any tutorials for this sorta thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back