Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edit an Access command button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerflumper

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2010
US
I've got a simple database that was created by a former employee before I joined the company. It appears that it was created in such a way as the users can open it, but cannot get the menu bars (it's an MDB). There is a command button that is programed to send the output of a form via email. It's hard coded to use Pegasus. We're now using Outlook. Is there a way that I can get in and change that button?

You could try opening the mdb with the Shift Key held down to see if it opens up with the database window and the regular menu bars. From there, you should be able to get to the design view and the code.

Tried that. Doesn't open any differently.

I don't have much experience with command menu bars. Someone else may have a better idea. If you need something sooner, perhaps you could try importing the tables, queries, etc into a new mdb and then get at the code that way?

Hi,

MS Access questions are best addressed in the myriad of MS Access forums, such as forum702.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back