Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

edit 46xxsettings file

Status
Not open for further replies.

khankhan

Technical User
Aug 11, 2009
CA

Hi,

We need to edit 46xxsettings file( change PHNDP length) and then reload to local s8300. i know we can do it using maintenance web page,

but can anybody tell me exact procedure? DO i need to download settings file from Avaya web site , modify and upload or modify the existing one on 8300?

Also need to confirm if 4610 phones getting this updated settings file, what do i check to confirm?

1) go to the maint web page and from the column on the left select tftpboot directory.

2)select the 46xxsettings.txt file, right click on the file and select alland copy this to Notepad, make your changes and save to your desktop.

3)go to the maint web page and from the column on the left select Download Files, download the new 46xxsettings.txt file from your desktop.

4)open the command line app and telnet to the 8300 and login to the server

5)at the prompt type cd /var/home/ftp/pub and then type ls -lt and verify the 46xxsettings file is there.

6) type cp 46xxsettings.txt /tftpboot and say Y to overwrite

That should be it, there have been a few times where I had to delete the existing 46xx file prior to donwloading it, so if it does not work, from the command prompt type rm 46xxsettings.txt and then download the changed file again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back