Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDI program for a small engineering comapny

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwatkins

Technical User
May 5, 2002
GB
One of my clients is a small engineering company manufacturing aliminium castings for the motor trade (amongst others).

One of their customers (a new one) wants them to put in place an EDI system to enable them to retrieve their production manifests from the customers EDI system.

They are a low tech company having a few Windows 98 PCs and not much else. I am led to believe the customer will be providing dial-up access for them to retrieve the manifests.

Can anybody point me in the direction of a basic EDI package that will run on a Win98 PC (preferably, they would upgrade to W2K/NT if necessary) that will allow them to connect into the customer's system. The information they have been given is that the customer's system runs EDI v1.03. What that means I don't know ;-)

Any help gratefully received and suggestions as to what questions to ask would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Ian

Try Ediware from B-Data.com. It is a low cost EDI package especially designed for the kind of job you require.

Thanks.

Just had a look and sent them a request for more info and price. UK-based too :)

Cheers,

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back