Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDI Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozhi

Technical User
Dec 12, 2001
US
Where can I get an EDI Converter to work with EDI dump files?

Mozhi,

Assuming that you are referring to an "EDI Translator", there are many to choose from depending on your desired platform and budget. The most popular are Harbinger Trusted-Link (now Inovis), Sterling Commerce's GENTRAN and Mercator. If your budget is small, then you may want to get a simple package. If I remember correctly, GEIS offers one for roughly $300 that is PC-based.

Good luck.

Does anyone have more info on Harbinger Trusted-Link or know where I can find more info related to it?

What information are you looking for regarding Harbinger TrustedLink?

I wanted to know more about Harbinger TrustedLink's functions and features as I'm very new to EDI and would like to choose a suitable software for EDI use, also would you have any suggestions as to where I should start if i want to learn EDI mapping?

edianalyst,

All the major EDI translation software vendors offer regular classroom training. Depending on your budget, Inovis (Harbinger) offers a "quick-start implementation", which includes installation and configuration of the software on your machine, setup of the first 2 or 3 maps, and training for 1 person. I think it's about $10K for that service, but could be well worth it.

I would recommend Ediware from B-Data.com. It is inexpensive and would definitely allow you to handle dump files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back