Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDD from one system to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolbox212121

Technical User
Nov 18, 2010
US
I just want to know if it is possible to transfer a backup(EDD) from one CS1000 to another? We have multiple switches we want to make a mirror copy of them.

Yes, up to a point!. First of all, the software version must be the same or the receiving CS1000 be a later software release.

The ISM's must be the same or higher than the number of sets configured.

Finally are all the CS1000's of the same type?. i.e. CS1000M or CS1000e etc.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

The problem you will run into is the keycode will not be able to validate against a different dongle.

I used to configure hundreds of Option 11 to 81 systems for a number of years. The Option 11, 11e and 11c systems we had were fine to use. It wasn't a problem copying a XBK backup file onto another system as long as the points mentioned ablove in my first reply was planned correctly.

For the 11C systems, the dongle ID and keycode had to match, but the database didn't matter, but was still subject to the following requirements.

The other point that I've forgot to add in was the feature set. You might get problems if a configuration was done on a different feature set.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Hi,

Depending on the release just make an Archive Database (LD 143 -> upgrade) and you can restore it to any system you want. Only thing you need is an equal or higher software release. If the ISM's are less it just restores the ISM's config until it runs out. All extra ISM (Sets i.e.) will be deleted.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back