Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EDC Auth and Settle on different computers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcf747

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2010
US
Hey guys i have a unique question here,

Do to a delay in paper work (not on my side) I wasn't able to set up another account with my CC processor before I will be opening my next store (I have 2 already) on Monday.

I though i could just use the same info from another store which seems to work fine until I go to settle. (It will auth. the card and show in EDC) but then it spits back an error when I go to settle at the end of the night.

I think this is because I have already run that "Batch #" at the other location. I have figured out that if I mually stop the EDC service it will store the .SPL files locally and them I can just move those to my other store and run them. (by changing file extension, this part is already documented on here, as if EDC just went down)

My only concern with this method is, when running locally there is no "real" authorization going on, just the "fake" authorization that is printed on the receipt and theoretically I could be taking bad cards all day and not find out until that nigh when I move the files to another location.

Question:
1. Is there a way to manual advance the "Batch #"?
2. Once EDC authorizes the cards and then dumps them into the processors folder in EDC can I settle them somewhere else.
3. Is there a better way to do this I am not thinking of?

Thanks,
Matthew

The batch number is changed in the EDC - edit - current processor, that is if you have edit rights on your security login. Else it can be edited in the EDC.ini file in \aloha\edc\EDC.INI - You are looking for BatchSequence=

You can increment one stores batch number 500+ over the other stores batch number.

Store 1 batch 267
Store 2 batch 767

I would use the above remedy until you get information on your EDC for the new store.

Aloha EDC works like this.

Stopping POS processing would create a marker file called SPOOLING. and return a fake authorization then store the transactions as SPL files on the master terminal.

When POS processing is turned back on they will be copied to the \aloha\edc\ folder and EDC renames them to HLD files. EDC will start processing the HLD files and send them out for authorization. This sometimes can take some time to start. Once processed they are then stored under the \aloha\edc\ current processor folder as TXN's.

When you settle the batch these TXN's are sent to the processor then archived as as a txt file with the extension STL.

You could stop edc the copy the spl file to another location but you would not be getting a true auth, and could loose $$.

cheers,
Coorsman

Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked. ~Jeff Pesis

Thanks for the reply Coorsman,

There is one small problem. When I go into the EDC.INI at the new store there is no batch number. I am thinking this is because one has not been done.

I checked at another one of our locations (where EDC works) and I do see it along with some other lines missing. (Below)

BatchNumber=087
LastUploadTime=225046
LastUploadDate=121110
LastSettlementDate=20101211 22:52:08
[GCFIFTHTHIRDBANK]
Processor=0
[CHIPPIN]
Processor=0

I tried to just type in "BatchNumber=587" but I still received an error that said ".....Batch 1 cannot be processed....."

Matthew

***Update***
Realized I had to stop and start POS processing to get it to read the INI file. Moved the Batch number and still received the error. I then tried to move it lower b/c I though it was out of range (error call 96) still not working.

Ideas?

-Matthew

I'll be aroung for another 30 min, if you want I can dial in using goto meeting and view your system. I can't leave phone numbers here on the post, but will contact you when we connect.

meeting id 464-146-971

cheers,
Coorsman

Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked. ~Jeff Pesis

on and waiting.....

Thanks,
Matthew

FIXED

My processor (Fifth Third) requires sequential batch numbers. I will manually advance between he 2 stores for the next few days.

Thanks Coorsman,
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back