Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ecmap mapping of NOTUSED elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecgateway

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2003
US
I joined a new client recently and I have seen their 837 map and they have mapped service lines SV106 which is the 'service type code' element.I have seen the implementation guide and this element is listed as NOT USED.
My Question is,
Can we map 'NOT USED' elements also if our trading partners ask for that element info to be included in files sent them??
would n't HIPAA validator reject these.??

Thanks!!

You may already have the answer to this. If you map to a "not used" element, the Sybase compliance map will generate an error. If I have a trading partner that is requesting a specific value that the guide shows as not used, I find another field somewhere that we're not currently using and place the value in that. Of course, that generally requires a specific map for that trading partner which just means more maintenance work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back