Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ECMap 5.2.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blablah

Technical User
Aug 10, 2010
US
Hello,

Has anyone used the new features in ECMap 5.2.1? Which is the EDI-to-EDI mappings?

I can't get the output file to come out in my EDI-to-EDI map? I read the manual, and it said I need to use the command EDI Filename, I used that command and called it in the IEA segment, but no output is produced.

I don't have any record layout defined as no need to define a record layout in outbound map.

My map runs successfully but produces no output.

Thank you.

MC

I am not a ECMap guy first of all. But as an EDI guy, one issue might be that the EDI in the input is not valid.

Go to and download the free EDI Notepad.

This is an wonderful tool that can help you validate your EDI before you run it thru your process. You will find it helpful in so many ways.

I have actually installed it for users, generated EDI and emailed as an attachment for them to click on the EDI attachment and view in HTML report form.

If you go to view errors, it will tell you if your EDI is in error. If so you can make changes to the EDI to see if this is the issue with your process. If not you have found a fun tool to use in so many ways. My clients love it. It gives them a feeling of control for an environment that is so confusing.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back