Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eclipse tools for work with databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

alebu

Programmer
Sep 7, 2002
Hi! I am searching for Eclipse plugin that allows me to
run SQL queries directly from Eclipse. I don't need all that cool staff with tables drawing and so on, the only thing I need is support for PostgreSQL and Sybase ASE. Something like shell for queries and result viewer. I think that it is quite simple to develop plugin, so it looks strange for me that I can't find anything like this. Maybe You know one? Thanks!

Have you searched the eclipse plugin webpage? see eclipse-plugins

I've only tried the clay modelling plug-in which is not what you're after, but i was thinking of trying awoma for a quick visual query tool.

let me know how you get on...

cheers,
dan.

Nice link, Dan! Thanks!
I saw here some interestng ideas but all projects was in beta or alpha stages. It seems that developing such simple plugin is not interesting for serious companies or developers because it has'nt any commercial value, so the only hope is for enthusiasts who often starts projects and not finishing it. Anyway, I saw something that looks like I want, but Iam not sure yet, need more detailed investigation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back